Sweet Potato + Brussels Breakfast Hash
Updated: Oct 3, 2019
Hey friends! I wanted to share with you one of my all time fave brunch recipes that's super quick, easy and delicious! This brussels sprouts, sweet potato and mushroom hash contains ingredients that are currently in season and one that you can either make for a group or meal prep just by doubling the amounts. For meal prepping and to heat up later, I personally prefer using a skillet but a microwave is completely fine too.
I always like to have these ingredients on hand in the winter because they are so versatile and can be used in so many different things like hashes, pasta, or even by itself. Just roast a batch of veggies ahead and eat throughout the next few days. I like to roast my brussels and sweet potatoes with lightly coated olive or avocado oil first to ensure crispiness. I then add to the rest of the hash to mix but thats optional.
SERVING SIZE - 2 (YOU CAN EASILY DOUBLE IT FOR LARGER GROUPS/PORTIONS)
FOR THE HASH:
1/2 Organic Yellow Onion 2 Cloves Garlic 4 Large Shiitake Mushrooms 2-3 handfuls Organic Baby Kale 2 Organic Pasture-Raised Egg (I used Vital Farms)
FOR THE ROASTED SWEET POTATOES + BRUSSELS SPROUTS:
1/2 bag Brussels sprouts 1 Organic Sweet Potato
1) Preheat the oven to 450°.
2) Peel and cut sweet potatoes in cubes and cut brussels sprouts in halves.
3) Lightly coat olive oil, salt and pepper on a nonstick baking sheet. **Do not over coat with olive oil to ensure your veggies get crispy not soggy**
4) Roast in the oven for about 20-25 minutes until crispy on the outside and soft(ish) on the inside.
5) While your veggies are roasting, chop garlic, onions and mushrooms.
6) Heat EVOO and sauté garlic and onions on medium heat, add mushrooms and cook until tender and lastly add baby kale.
7) After the veggies are done roasting - add the sweet potatoes and brussels with the other veggies and mix them all up for a few minutes. Transfer to bowl when finished.
8) Cook eggs to liking. (I prefer sunny side up with hash because I like mixing the yolk in with the rest of the veggies.)
9) Add eggs to hash. Serve immediately + enjoy.
NOTES: Avocado would be great with this as well! :)